According to a study published in the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, people who are exposed to high levels of air pollutants experience repeated episodes of a stuffy or runny nose. The sedentary lifestyle maintained by people in Gurgaon also makes them more susceptible to infection such as flu or common cold.
There is substantial evidence from various studies that conclude that there has been a 20 percent increase in the number of people suffering from an upper respiratory infection in Gurgaon. Therefore, several clinics have come up within the city where they are offering treatment of various ENT illnesses. But how to find the best ENT doctor in Gurgaon? This article describes some of the tips that can help you find one.
What Diseases Can ENT Doctors Treat?
The most common ENT illnesses that people are choosing to treat are-
Problems in the Ear- ear pain, ear wax, hearing loss, ear infections, hole in the eardrum, cholesteatoma, dizziness, tinnitus
Problems in the Throat- difficulty swallowing, tonsillitis, adenoids problems, laryngeal disorders, voice problems, speech issues, hoarseness
Problems in the Nose- nosebleeds, sinusitis, allergies, Menier’s disease, snoring, Obstructive sleep apnea, deviated septum.
Tips To Choose an ENT Specialist in Gurgaon
Before choosing an ENT doctor, here are some factors that you should take into account-
- Check for their board certification. For a doctor to practice, he/she needs to be board certified. You can check for their certification on their website or simply ask them.
- Lookup for patient testimonials who previously got treated by the doctor. Read their feedback, testimonials, reviews about the doctor’s treatment and behavior.
- Another thing to check is the doctor’s association with a hospital. A good doctor is likely to align themselves with good hospitals or clinics. Consider their association as well.
- Look for their specialization. Although ENT doctors are qualified to treat illnesses in the ears, nose and throat, they can be more qualified for a particular kind of surgery. This will help you reach the right doctor immediately.
- Consider their experience as well as credentials. This solidifies whether the doctor is well qualified or not.
- Sometimes you might not be able to communicate with the doctor properly because of their gender. When choosing an ENT doctor, a patient might want to get diagnosed with a doctor of their own gender.
- ENT treatment can be expensive. Hence, do consider if the doctor fees lie within your budget.
- Now that the digital age is becoming the new normal, check with the doctor if they provide telehealth capabilities such as two-way video, online consultation, mobile application and email. This ensures that the number of visits to the clinic reduces.
Questions To Ask An ENT Specialists On First Visit
During the appointment, the patient should make sure that the doctor answers all the questions they might have. Prepare a list of questions that you want the doctor to answer. Here are some questions.
- What is the possible explanation for the symptoms I am experiencing?
- What is the best possible treatment option that you suggest?
- Is this condition going to affect other health conditions?
- What is the medicine you prescribe to alleviate the symptoms?
- Should I consider surgery?
- When should I consider other alternatives when medicines do not provide any relief?
- What kind of diet should I follow meanwhile?
- What is the long term prognosis for this condition?
3 ENT Specialists in Gurgaon To Treat ENT Problems
There is an increase in the number of footfalls in various clinics in Gurgaon due the rising number of ENT problems in the city. People are complaining about hearing loss, ear pain due to exposure to loud noises and traffic. Also, owing to more air pollutants, more individuals are having stuffy nose, headaches and feeling of heaviness in their head.
Doctors from nationwide multi-specialty hospitals or chains of healthcare clinics such as Pristyn Care claim that more and more people are opting for surgeries for various ENT illnesses.
Dr. Richa Mina
Dr. Richa Mina is an ENT/Otorhinolaryngologist in Gurgaon Sector 29. With an experience of more than 10 years in this field, Dr. Richa Mina completed MBBS from Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi in 2005and Diploma in ENT from VMMC and Safdarjung Hospital, Delhi in 2009. Speaking about her achievements, she is a member of the Association of Otolaryngologists of India (AOI). She is trained in performing surgeries such as- Nasal Surgeries, Nasal Endoscopy, Fracture Nasal Bone Correction, Nasal Septum Surgery, and Ear Drum Repair, etc.
Dr. Siddharth Vashistha
Dr. Siddhartha Vashistha has been hailed as one of the best ENT doctors in Gurugram. He is an ENT Surgeon with experience in this field for over a decade. Currently, he consults with patients at Pristyn Care ENT Clinic in Sector 29, Gurgaon. Previously associated with another multi-specialty hospital in New Delhi, he works as a consultant too.
Dr. Sunil Aggarwal
Dr. Sunil Aggarwal is an ENT Surgeon. He has an overall experience of 16 years as an Otologist/Neurotologist. Moreover, he is an active member of various well-known associations and societies. He likes to attend workshops and seminars that take place across the nation so that he could enhance his knowledge about the latest advancements in his field of practice. He is polite, approachable and addresses any concern the patient may have very patiently. People will be glad to know that unlike other doctors, he doesn’t prescribe unnecessary medicines or tests.