Small businesses contribute immensely to the economy of the nation, despite their size. The Government recognizes the importance of this sector and has taken measures to further promote this sector of micro, small and medium enterprises and provide them with recognition in the form of Udyog Aadhaar.
Udyog Aadhar is a form of certification from the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, under the Government of India, whereby a 12 digit unique registration number is issued to businesses recognizing them as small, medium or micro enterprises (MSME) and this registration is for existing manufacturing and service sector businesses and can be obtained by all types of business entities, including Proprietorship, Partnership, Company, Limited Liability Partnership etc. Udyog Aadhar is also referred to as MSME registration and earlier businesses had to go through a tedious, time-consuming process which included filling out 11 forms to be registered as an MSME which is simplified now by the Udyog Aadhar process. The registration process for obtaining the Udyog Aadhaar certificate and the number is carried out online entirely and for the registration process, the Udyog Aadhar documents must be self-certified and additionally, the process is free of cost and a quick too.
Documents required for Udyog Aadhaar Registration
The documents and fields present in the form required for the registration process include-
- Aadhar Number– which is a 12 digit identification number that the applicant has been issued. In case of a proprietorship concern, the Aadhaar number must be of the proprietor, and of an authorized partner in case of a Partnership firm or LLP and of an authorized person for other forms of enterprises.
- Name of Promoter or Owner– which must be the same as the applicant whose Aadhar card details have been entered.
- Category– of the applicant which could either be general, scheduled caste (SC), scheduled tribes (ST) or OBC (other backward castes).
- Business Name– which includes the name of the business entity under which the applicant is conducting their business. The same Aadhaar number can be used to register more than one businesses, each having a separate Udyog Aadhaar.
- Type of Organisation– which includes the type of business entity or legal entity, which could either be Proprietorship, Partnership Firm, Private Limited Company, Public Limited Company, LLP, or others.
- Address– which includes the postal address of the business entity for communication purposes and also the contact numbers and email address.
- Date of Commencement-which is the date of commencement of that business.
- Previous Registration Details– which includes details of any previous registrations for an MSME for the business.
- Bank Details– which includes the banking details of the company, along with the IFSC codes and the bank account number.
- Key Activity– which includes the key activity areas of the business, that is whether the business is into services or manufacturing.
- NIC or National Industrial Classification Code– which includes the NIC code to be obtained from the National Industrial Classification handbook. Multiple codes can be selected for the business activities as per the National Industrial Classification 2008 Codes.
- Number of Persons Employed– which includes the figure for the total number of people employed in the business.
- Investment in Plant & Machinery or Equipment– which includes the total investment amount that has been invested in equipment and machinery for the business.
- DIC or District Industry Center– which includes the details of the DIC that is nearest to the business.
Udyog Aadhaar Registration Process
The registration process is online and includes the following steps-
- Visit the official website for Udyog Aadhaar – https://udyogaadhaar.gov.in/UA/UAM_Registration.aspx
- Enter the Aadhaar number of the applicant which will be validated by sending an OTP to the mobile number registered under UIDAI for the Aadhaar card.
Enter the following details:
- name of the owner (as mentioned on the Aadhaar card)
- PAN of the enterprise
- social category
- gender of the applicant
- handicap or disability, if any
- name of enterprise
- type of business
- registered address with full postal details of the business
- date of commencement
- bank details
- key activity
- NIC or National Industrial Classification Code
- number of persons employed
- investment in plant & machinery or equipment
- DIC or District Industry Center
- After filing in the relevant details, the ‘Submit’ button needs to be clicked. This will generate an OTP on the Aadhaar registered email id. The OTP needs to be entered and then the ‘Final Submit; button needs to be selected.
- Post this Udyog Aadhaar is instantly generated for the business and the certification and number can be downloaded from the online site.
The registration process is simple and can be generated instantly upon filing the form.